Sunday, November 11, 2012

C4T #3 Summary

In my C4T’s #3 I was assigned to Richard Bryne, author of the blog “Free Technology For Teachers.” The first post I read from this blog was entitled “MIT + K12 = Educational Videos for K-12 Students.” This post was about educational videos that are recorded by MIT students and places on YouTube to help students in grades K – 12 understand basic math and science concepts. In my comment to Mr. Bryne I expressed my interest in this idea and how neat I thought it was. I also told him it reminded me of the show Bill Nye the Science Guy.

The second post I read was titled “School Boards and Technology.” In this post Mr. Bryne discuss his dislike for the policies the school boards have in place when it comes to technology in the classroom. He says he is convinced that these policies do nothing but hinder the use of technology for learning. In my comment back to him I told him I agreed with is stance on the situation. I admitted to not having first-hand experience with this issue but as a former student had observed the policies become a hindrance in teaching.

1 comment:

  1. "In this post Mr. Bryne discuss his dislike for the policies..." discussed, not discuss

    I NEED the URLs for the MIT student videos. Please send it to me. Thanks

    ReplyDelete