Sunday, November 11, 2012

Blog Post 11

Mrs. Kathy Cassidy & Technology
After watching the video, First Graders in Mrs. Cassidy’s Class I was in awe of how excited the children were to use the different types of technology. I thought it was amazing to listen to first graders explain how to use the internet in a safe and helpful manner. I also thought it was great that they were so encouraged and excited to write when they had an audience due to the use of blogs.

Kathy Cassidy
As impressed as I was after watching the first video, after watching the interview with Mrs. Cassidy I was even more excited to use technology in my future classroom. I’ll admit at the beginning of this semester I was doubtful about the use of blogs, wiki’s, and other online resources for elementary students, but as the semester has went on I have become more and more excited to use all of these tools in my classroom.

I am especially excited to use a blog in my classroom. I have discovered that a class blog is helpful for communicating with parents and students. After watching this interview with Mrs. Cassidy I can see that individual blogs is a great tool for encouraging students to do their best when writing by allowing them to receive feedback. It is also a great way for parents to keep up with their child’s progress.

It has became completely clear to me that teaching students today must include technology. I agree with Mrs. Cassidy when she said we must take the time now to learn to use different types of technology so that we will be able to teach our student how to use these tools in the future. We simply can’t continue teaching students the same way we did ten years ago.

2 comments:

  1. Wendy, over all good post! You did not have any major grammatical errors that I could tell and your links and pictures were all great! I am just as excited as you to incorporate technology into my classroom one day. Mrs. Cassidy was such an inspiration to me also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Windy,

    I am glad you enjoyed learning about Ms. Cassidy's classroom. It is clear you see the benefits of having student blogs. These days students really need to work on their writing skills and I think this is a proper and exciting outlet to do so! Good job on this post.

    ReplyDelete