Tuesday, October 2, 2012

C4K September Summary

In my first C4K post I comment on a post entitled “The buzz about Jobs.” This post was done by a 3rd grade class in Gulf Shores, Alabama. In this post the students discussed what they thought it took to have a productive community and listed several characteristics that productive community members should possess. The students did a wordle project that listed the jobs they thought were most important in the community.

In my comment back to the students in Mr. Capps 3rd grade class I told them what a great job they had done at summarizing the characteristics needed to be productive community members. I encouraged them to always remember these characteristics so that they too could be productive community members. I also told them thank you for valuing my future career as a teacher, since it was one of the careers listed within their wordle project.

In my second C4K post I commented on a post entitled “Homecoming Week.” This post was done by an eighth grader from Iowa. In this post the student discussed the events that would take place each day for homecoming. On Monday they would attend church, on Tuesday each class would dress in a different color, on Wednesday the high school students would play flag football and the Middle school students would wear fifty of the same thing on their clothes, on Thursday each grade level would dress up as a different animal, and on Friday the homecoming queen and king would be announced.

In my comment back to this student I told him how neat it I thought it was that his school in Iowa did the same thing my schools here in Alabama did for homecoming week. I told him how we would dress up as super heroes, in Hawaiian gear, or in school colors to get pumped for the homecoming game just like they were dressing up defiantly each day to get pumped up. I told him that I didn’t realize that dressing up for homecoming week was such a widespread event and wished him and his school a fantastic homecoming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment