Sunday, December 2, 2012

Blog Assignment 13

a chalkboard
a laptop
After watching the videos, Back to the Future and A Vision of Students Today, I have mixed feelings on how I should feel. In the first video Back to the Future I could really see the point Brian Crosby was trying to make in that education must evolve with our students. Mr. Crosby makes the argument that there are so many free websites that are available to our students and allow them to become more engaged and motivated in learning. Yet, in the second video A Vision of Students Today I am reminded that the old fashion was isn’t always the worst choice. Students today are way busier than they ever have been and allowing them too much freedom eliminates their concentration.

With that being said I was at first left feeling a little contradicted, confused even. After a little more thought I think what these videos show us is that there is a fine line that has to be walked in our classrooms. We must be able to balance the integration of new ways of learning while still using the old ways too. As educators we must remember to keep this balance for the benefit of our students.

No comments:

Post a Comment